Are you about to walk into a contentious room? Do you want to win over an angry crowd at a public meeting? The best approach, according to former Palo Alto City Manager and columnist for the International City/County Management Association, is to try to get to know your opponents before you take them on in public.
Listen in and discover how you can:
- Appropriately acknowledge opposing opinions
- Comfortably move away from the podium
- Use the right kind of microphone
- When it comes to visuals, keep them simple and impactful
- Prepare to answer the questions you hope no one will ask
- Keep your head up and stay loose under pressure
- And more!